Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Quality Man

A while ago after I got my hair done one night,I was feeling pretty and also craving the Lobster Salad at Nota Bene. So I thought why not go out and treat myself. I sat at the bar, ordered my dinner and out of no where I was approached by this tall gentlemen who was dressed in a nice suit with a great smile. He opened the conversation with “I’m just about to order a bottle of wine” Being my fun flirty self I responded “would you like me to share it with you?” He laughed and thought I was a bit presumptuous. I knew he was looking for company and didn't want to eat alone so I accepted and he joined me for dinner. His dinner just reached the table when he asked the waiter to send it back to the kitchen until mine was ready as well. I thought wow this man is impressive. It's not everyday you see a guy requesting that his New York Striploin be sent back to the kitchen, unless its overcooked of course.

We chatted and dined for about two hours enjoying a great bottle of red, which I totally forgot the name of since he had been keeping my attention the whole time. After we finished our entrees, he asked for the bill and without hesitation he threw done his Visa for both tabs. At this point I'm like this guy is super cool, a little older but not creepy at all or trying to put the moves on me. I still had a little wine left, and he got up and said he was headed to Yorkville for dessert but never pressured me to join him. We exchanged business cards and I thanked him for a great night. The evening had ended with a warm handshake and he mentioned that it was a pleasure to meet me.

Still kinda shocked that this mans intentions were simply to join a complete stranger for some good conversation and dinner and ask for nothing in return. This had been a great experience for me and worth writing about. To this day we remain friends because he has proved that there are still quality men out there not just looking to get laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment