Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mr. Swiss

I must share a time when I had been asked to grab some lunch with a guy that had been pursuing me for quite some time. We were friends for now so I was like sure, where to? Apparently Swiss Chalet had been calling his name, so we each settled on a quarter chicken meal, don't forget the gravy.

The conversation was flowing and there was definitely some chemistry brewing. After I had managed to scoff down all my fries and gravy,we asked for the cheque that was something ridiculous like $25.75. I waited to see if he was going to pull out his credit card since he was the one that essentially wanted me..why should I be paying for this greasy lunch?

He opened his mouth with “you want to go dutch”? and then headed to the bathroom. Being a veteran in the hospitality industry I was mortified to ask the waitress to split the bill in two, even though I was probably never ever going to see this person again. I stepped up and payed the bill. When he returned he was very grateful… inside I was laughing.

After that day my friends and I referred to him as “Mr. Swiss”.

No comments:

Post a Comment